Truecaller is one among the most popular apps people love to have in their Smartphones. The app displays the contact details of an unknown person when you receive a call from an anonymous caller.
Whether or not you have ever used the service, your contact details would be accessible to Truecaller’s database. This is because someone else has saved your contact in his phone and allowed the app to access your details.
If you’re worried about your privacy and don’t want to see your number in Trucaller’s database, you can remove it from there. However, it is mandatory to deactivate your account and uninstall the Truecaller app first before removing your number from the database.
Process To Deactivate Your Truecaller Account:
Open the app > tap the people icon in the upper left corner > Settings > About > Deactivate account.
Open the app > tap the gear icon in the top right corner > About Truecaller > Scroll down > Deactivate Truecaller.
Open the app and tap the three dots in the bottom right corner > Settings > Help > Deactivate account.
Once you have successfully deactivated your account, follow the below listed steps to remove your number from Truecaller database.
- Go to the Truecaller unlist page.
- Enter your phone number with the correct country code. For example: +911120202020 or+919889977XXX.
- Tick one of the reasons for unlisting, or if you wish, type your reasons for removal in the Other form.
- Key in the verification captcha.
- Click Unlist.
As per Truecaller, it takes approximately 24 hours to remove the number after a removal request is received. However, people claim that their contact details are still traceable via the service even after they have stopped using the service.
How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller Database
Latest posts by Sumant Singh (see all)
- WhatsApp Text Status Feature Gets Colored Backgrounds, Custom Fonts - August 22, 2017
- Google Rolls Out a QA Section for Business Listings - August 18, 2017
- ZTE Blade Z Max Launched with Dual Camera Support - August 15, 2017