Android Nougat update is now available for OnePlus 3 and One Plus 3T smartphones. But, users in India have to wait for sometime as Over the Air update is yet to roll out in India. Yet, you want to upgrade your OnePlus 3T device with Android Nougat, there is a way out. And it doesn’t involve side loading or rooting at all.
VPN or Virtual Private Network does help here. VPNs are useful when you want to simulate a different internet location on your device to access content that doesn’t allow users from your IP. With VPN in use, servers get impression that user is from either Germany or Canada
Here is the step-by-step guide on how you can do it-
- Like the pre-requisite for every upgrade, we will suggest you to keep backup of your phone. Though, OTA updates are safe, prevention is always advisable.
- Once you have done with backup, download a VPN client from the play store.
- Once VPN client is downloaded, change your device location to Canada.
- Now Go to the phone Settings -> System updates and check for the software updates. A new pop-up window will appear on OnePlus 3 or 3T phone
- Now click the download. It’s recommended to turn off your VPN before starting the download to get the better speed.
- Let the system download it and reboot it in a normal course. Don’t attempt forced reboot while it’s updating.
Once update gets done, your OnePlus 3T ready with Android Nougat operating system on board. Enjoy.
Latest posts by Sumant Singh (see all)
- WhatsApp Text Status Feature Gets Colored Backgrounds, Custom Fonts - August 22, 2017
- Google Rolls Out a QA Section for Business Listings - August 18, 2017
- ZTE Blade Z Max Launched with Dual Camera Support - August 15, 2017