Secrets That Can Save Your Landing Page When Things Go Wrong
Have you ever experienced the feeling of a launching a brand-new landing page? It is amazing, is not it? You have been creating it for a long time. You have been working through all the smallest details. Finally, your landing page has been set on the Web. The page is shining. Traffic channels work ok. However, nothing happens. Almost no visitors. No conversion. Where has a mistake been made?
In such a situation many developers think of a real disaster. Do not consider yourself to be the first person who faces such a problem. As a rule, this situation is a result of some minor mistakes that are never paid enough attention to at the development stage.
So, cheer up! The considerable part of these problems with your landing page is not difficult to fix. However, the most complicated part is to diagnose them correctly before starting the right treatment. All you need to do is to know your clients and what they exactly need from either your product or service.
Certain secrets can save your landing page when things go wrong. We would better call them special techniques allowing protecting your landing page in case of some troubles.
Know your audience`s needs
One of the main rules while creating a landing page is to:
- Figure out your target audience
- Provide it with appropriate content
The problems start when you attract your clients to the landing page but cannot offer anything to them.
You should always remember that you must dismember such concepts as knowing your target audience and how to address your client correctly. Various social and age groups require entirely different approaches.
Always ask such questions as:
- Does my landing page provide info which only some categories of users consume?
- Does my landing page help solving their problems?
- I see that my target audience visits my landing page, but there is no conversion. Why is it happening? In this case, only additional research can help.
Understand what information to provide to your audience
Your client`s time and patience are always limited. You are the seller. They pay for your goods or services. But there is always an absolute limit to what they are ready to pay for.
So, how to determine how much is too much? Where to stop in your offerings? When you ask your client to take some action, always consider the following things:
- Put an average amount of information. Both too much and too little info can kill your landing page
- You should better use traditional templates for creating a landing page. Remember that not all people can easily get accustomed to innovations even if they are ground-breaking
- If you have no possibility to study your audience, address your landing page information to an average user
- Make as few pages as possible between your client and your goal. If there are too many pages describing what you offer, you will undoubtedly lose a half of the audience on the halfway.
Study each step of your landing page
Are all of them so important to deliver your offer? Divide all you pages in three main groups:
- Must-have. Leave this info unchanged.
- Should-have. Choose the most valuable information from this group. Only the vital facts and figures that your clients need to make a final decision.
- Nice-to-have. Delete the last category. Your clients will never reach it. Only if in some time your landing page converts well, you can add some issues from this group while constantly analyzing which of them lead to drop.
Improve all headlines
The headline is the first thing your visitor sees on your landing page. It must always grab a client attention and lead him to the final decision to click the necessary button.
However, even if your products or services are the best quality and your target audience will urgently need them, your headlines may scare them.
Just remember the following things which are vital for on all headlines of your landing page:
- Make your headlines exact and attractive. Your page must give you the best possible conversion rate – 100% is impossible for any landing page.
- Your headline should not contain your full offer. Use short and simple words to describe your proposal. Simplicity must be placed first. It’s always better to hire professional writers, for instance, at Wiz essay writing help, in order to get a best result.
- Your headlines must allow your clients understand what you want them to make further (make a purchase, subscribe to a newsletter, visit your presentation in New-York, etc.)
Call to action buttons
If headlines work correctly, then your call to action explains your clients accurately what you want them to do.
Use the following secrets for your call to action buttons optimization:
- Always identify urgency. Suing such imperative words as “before 6 p. m.”, “now,” and “start today,” etc. will undoubtedly make people act immediately
- Locate your button in front and center
- Be maximum specific. Let your clients know what exactly happens when they click the button. For example:
“Watch the video now”
“Order the book now”
“Download the presentation in one click,” etc.
Always keep mobile users in mind
According to statistics, currently, every website will lose a 60% of the audience if it has no mobile application for all types of gadgets. If your landing page appears wrong on mobile devices, you will miss clients.
So, make sure your landing page is readable on mobile devices because mobile users might be the core audience but you missed this fact.
Check the action button placement and links. Are they easy to navigate with a finger? Thus, buttons must be large. Are photos shown correctly? All of this should be checked.
User-friendly mobile navigation is a must for a successful landing page.
It is quite difficult to create a comfy landing page that will satisfy all types of users. All people are different. All groups have various needs and speak the different language. Non-technical users may hate any slang that you use in your landing page texts. But if people do not find specific words targeted to their field of specialization they can also ignore your landing page.
What to do in this case? One of the most spread techniques is to ask for feedback. We are all humans and like being asked an opinion. So, in most cases, you will get plenty of info that will help you understand better what exactly does not work with your target audience.
And remember one simple thing about landing pages when things go wrong. All mistakes can be fixed. Without exception. Just find out what works with your audience and leads to the overall success of your landing page.