Technologies That Will Bring A Change In Software Development
2018 saw many rapid technological developments, and 2019 is no different. The disruptive trends in technology in 2019 will transform and accelerate many industries quickly.
With technology evolving, custom software development companies, investors and developers will evolve too. The trending technologies of 2019 like Blockchain development, Internet of things (IoT) and so on will bring about many changes for every type of industries.
These new trends have already set their base in the previous two years. But new technologies like 5G, which are the bases for many other technologies like IoT will become prominent.
In the last two years, there has been an advancement in software development technologies. Also, there has been an increase in the number of software development companies and developers. To ensure that you are up to date with the current trends to survive the stiff competition, let’s look at the technology trends of 2019.
Top Technologies Trends That Will Bring A Change In Software Development In 2019.
1. Blockchain Development
Blockchain is the technology of interconnected networks to store information that no one can steal or modify without access.
2019 will see the first enterprise application of Blockchain. It is a big step in Blockchain development as in the previous year.
Many industries will start using Blockchain for innovative collaborations to bring about crucial changes like making cryptocurrency an integral part of the business process. Others too are planning to incorporate this technology in their industry soon.
Industries like manufacturing and retail, healthcare, supply chain and so on are using blockchain for streamlining their process.
IBM in 2017 already launched its blockchain platform and is collaborating with different organizations. Amazon, Oracle, and Microsoft are also planning the same.
Here Are Some More Predictions:
- The government will adopt blockchain to store information due to the security it can provide.
- Other technologies like AI, IoT and so on will too start using blockchain as they evolve.
- The demand for blockchain developers and custom software development companies will increase.
- Demand for education about blockchain development will increase too.
2019 is the year of artificial technology. The demand for this technology for every industry is going to be huge.
40% of businesses will ask the custom software development companies to integrate AI as the central part of their products. The demand for developers will rise too as this is the key to transforming the digital industry.
AI is the tech behind voice assistants, smartphones and big data. As a developer, learning more than AI basic is the need of the hour.
Here Are Some Predictions:
- Starting in 2019, AI-enabled chip will become central to speech recognition, natural language processing and so on.
- AI will boost Machine learning and provide AutoML technology which will let developers build advanced machine learning solution. These solutions will be able to solve complex scenarios without the need for any typical training in ML.
- AI and DevOps will converge to form AIOPS in 2019 and will benefit vendors and enterprise equally.
3. Progressive Web Applications
Progressive web apps or PWAs is a combination of mobile and web apps. They are the web pages or websites that look, feel and work like a native/regular mobile application. They are easier to develop, maintain and support.
Combining the power of both web and mobile apps, it aims to give the user a different type of experience like the capability to work offline and so on.
It became a trend in 2017, but in 2019 it will take a more central stage due to low cost and time involved in development.
4. Internet Of Things (IoT)
IoT is a system of interconnected electronic devices, home appliances and so on that can interact with each other and exchange data. Apple watch, Fitbit and heart implants are already using IoT technology.
The number of custom software Development Company getting a request for IoT integration will see an increase in 2019. Developers are also trying to sort the main issue of IoT security breach.
Here Are Some Predictions
- Alexa- the voice assistant uses IoT technology to connect with various sensors and follow our command. In 2019, Alexa and Google home will become a part of the industrial sector. It can help to low the maintenance and management cost.
- One of the most ambitious IoT projects of 2019 is connected industries. In this, several industries will use IoT devices to access a bulk amount of contextual information for the betterment of management processes, observe equipment for factory construction and so on.
- Smart energy projects of IoT will make households and business manage their energy use and their impact on the environment efficiently.
5. Low-Code Development
Custom software development companies will evolve a lot with low-code development. It will enable them to build and deploy applications for enterprise at a rapid pace. It is a recent technology, but it is growing fast and is useful for many businesses.
Siemens, the industrial manufacturing company recently bought Mendix- a low-code development company. It shows that this will be the biggest game-changer in the field of software development in 2019.
The reason is simple- it lets the developer create software without the need of having any expertise in code-building.
The security of their data is the biggest concern for all organizations. A report says that 18% of companies suffered at least one incident of a data breach in 2018.
Thus, to secure the privacy of their data, all businesses are looking for better solutions by software development companies.
- Software developers will adopt bot management to provide solutions to slow cyber-attacks. These solutions will aid them to identify and respond to various bot attacks.
- The use of cloud services will increase, and with that, the use of cloud security solutions will increase too.
In 2019, technologies will become a more central part of many industries. The coming years will see a lot more use cases of technologies like blockchain development and AI.
As a result, software developers and custom software development companies will have to buck up. It is the right time for both developers and investors to start preparing for the changes that these technologies will bring.
Latest posts by Nasrullah Patel (see all)
- Technologies That Will Bring A Change In Software Development - April 22, 2019