Top 10 E-Wallets or Digital Wallet Apps in India
Money is what we all need to survive next to food, shelter, and cloth. But these days things are not over by just having the money. We have got the money in many forms these days and the electronic form of the money is one of them.
Top 10 E-Wallets in India
We Indians are showing up more and more interest in the digital or electronic form of money these days.
According to research done by the World Bank, “India Ranks 2nd in the list of Digital Payment Adoption Countries in Asia Pacific Region”
And that is the proof that the Digital Wallet industry of India is growing at a very high rate. We have got may digital wallets every other IT company wants to enter this industry and that is the reason why we see many E-Wallet apps which are available in India.
I can quote the example of OLA Money a digital wallet of OLA Cabs, we have Amazon Pay a very own wallet of Amazon Inc.
These are just two but there are many available!
But which is the best one or the top E-wallet app? Which all apps should you consider using in your day to day life?
I will tell you about the top 10 E-Wallet apps which are available in India which you can think of installing on your smart devices.
The app which has secured the #10 spot is the PayZapp App which is a product of HDFC Bank. This app lets you to do the following things,
- Bill Payments.
- Online Money Transfer.
- Bharat QR Payments.
- And Much More.
Currently, the App has more than 10,000,000+ installations according to the data we get on the Google PlayStore.
#9 SBI Buddy
HDFC Bank is not the only banking organization which has entered the E-wallet industry but even the biggest banker of the nation has even the State Bank of India has its own E-Wallet app.
You can do the following things with the help of the SBI Buddy App.
- First-time users Sign Up by swiping to the right.
- Load money into your wallet.
- Transfer money with your contacts in the phonebook.
- Recharge your mobile/DTH and pay bills.
- Shop online and book movies, flights, and hotels.
- Transfer money instantly to your bank account.
Currently, SBI Buddy has 10,000,000+ installations. Recently SBI has launched Yono a new service which is currently being promoted by them, you can even check that app out.
#8 Pockets by ICICI Bank
Pockets from ICICI is the next in Top 10 E-Wallets in India. We get to see one more player from the banking sector and it is the ICICI Bank. They had this application since the very beginning period of the E-wallet industry started growing in India.
The features and Functions of this app are as follows.
- Pay Anyone.
- Send Money from your bank account to others account.
- Free Virtual VISA Prepaid Card.
- Pay using NFC technology.
- Utilize UPI.
- Bharat QR Payments.
The installation numbers stand at 5,000,000+ on the Google PlayStore
#7 Jio Money
We have a huge base of Jio Users in our country, Jio has totally disrupted the telecom market and they aim to disrupt the E-wallet industry too.
- Pay or Receive Money.
- Bill Payments.
- The features and functions are as follows.
- Pay your insurance premiums digitally.
- Book train & movie tickets instantly.
- Get additional cashback with Cash Pe Cash on existing offers on your favorite shopping destination such as Amazon, Flipkart, AJIO, ABOF, Jabong & more.
- Recharge your ETC tag and renew your vehicle pass instead of visiting toll booths.
- Contribute to a noble cause by paying directly to charitable trusts like Siddhi Vinayak Trust.
The installation numbers stand at 10,000,000+ and I see that the app is still in the BETA mode (on 22/08/2018)
#6 Airtel Money (My Airtel)
Bharti Airtel has not left any stone unturned in the smartphone-related markets and they have turned it in the e-wallet industry too.
They have their own e-wallet money which offers a huge amount of cash back at many different outlets and e-commerce websites. Bharti Airtel calls it as My Airtel.
The features and functions are as follows.
- Make Bill Payments both online and offline.
- Make payments and do mobile recharge using Airtel Money UPI.
- Enjoy exclusive offers, exciting deals, and coupons on recharge of your mobile & DTH and bill payments. Recharge it now and enjoy free recharge and bill payment services.
- Make online payments using debit cards, credit cards, and net banking facility.
- View all your transaction history for online recharge & bill payments.
I see the number of installations at 50,000,000+.
FreeCharge is one of the leading E-Wallet applications available in India for many years. It is one of the personal favorites too.
The UPI transactions and the bank transfers work very quickly and seamlessly with the FreeCharge app. The functions and features of this app are as mentioned below.
- Make Bill Payments.
- Recharge your DTH, Mobile etc.
- Send or Receive Money directly to your bank account.
- Metro Card Recharges.
- Google PlayStore Credits Recharge.
- QR Code Payments.
- Mutual Funds.
The number of installations is 10,000,000+.
MobikWik has secured the #4 spot in this list of top 10 E-Wallets. The features of MobikWik are as mentioned below.
- Recharge prepaid mobile, DTH & pay postpaid & utility bills.
- Book Ola Cab Rides instantly on the Mobikwik App.
- Book instant bus tickets across India.
- Book hotels rooms from 15k+ hotel listings.
- Scan and use the QR code to pay at your local stores
- Shop at your favorite online merchants Zomato, Swiggy, FoodPanda, MakeMyTrip, IRCTC and much more using Mobikwik wallet & avail exclusive offers.
- Upgrade your wallet and enjoy cashless transactions upto 1 Lakh per month.
Installations stand at 10,000,000+.
PayUmoney lacks features and functions we don’t get many, unlike the other apps which are listed in this article. But they are still at number 3 because of the direct settlement feature.
The money you receive as a merchant will be directly settled into your bank account.
And if you are not a merchant you can make unlimited transactions there are no limits on the transactions you do with the PayUmoney application.
The features and functions are mentioned below.
- Instant account activation.
- Unlimited transactions, unlike wallets.
- Link to your preferred bank account.
- No login required from customers.
- Direct settlement into the bank account.
The installations are very less when compared to the other apps, it stands at 100,000+. But the unlimited transactions is what makes this app stand out of the crowd.
PhonePe was initially started as a UPI platform but soon it was acquired by Flipkart and was recreated as the very own payments application of Flipkart.
Even when the UPI transactions of the whole nation have declined by a few percentages according to NPCI in the month of July the PhonePe says they are doing well in the market.
People are using PhonePe too much and that is the reason why it has secured the number 2 spot.
The features are as follows,
- Send and request money from your contacts anytime, anywhere.
- Recharge prepaid Mobile for most major operators/Datacard/DTH connections across the country.
- Pay postpaid Landline, Datacard and Mobile Bills for all major operators.
- Pay for utilities such as electricity and gas bills.
- Check your account balance, save beneficiaries and manage multiple bank accounts.
- Get refunds and cashbacks to your bank account in an instant.
- Split bills with your friends and settle them right away.
Shop on Flipkart, Myntra, Jabong, and other online shopping websites.
And now comes the number 1 spot of this list and it is quite obvious to see PayTM securing this spot. This E-Wallet application has a huge user base in our country.
Not only the online transactions but even the offline merchant transactions are very good in number and that is the reason why they are the national leader in the E-Wallet Industry.
The features and functions are.
- Bank to Bank Transfers.
- UPI Transactions.
- Metro Card Recharges.
- Mobile and DTH Recharge.
- Amazing Cashbacks and Exclusive Deals.
- Bharat QR Payments.
- Offline Payments.
- Online Payments.
- And Much more.
So these are the top 10 E-Wallets application or the Digital Wallets I can say in India. I hope you are clear about all the details and information which is mentioned in this article.
Soon we may get WhatsApp payments which will definitely affect the Digital Wallet Industry of India. But it will be a negative thing for the Indian companies like PhonePe, FreeCharge and PayTM.
We should think of using more and more Indian services rather the foreign services. So let’s support the Indian E-Wallets AApplications
Top 10 Digital Wallets in India
Latest posts by Sumant Singh (see all)
- Top 10 Best Travel Planning Apps for Android - May 13, 2019
- Top 5 Best Free Huawei Honor EMUI 9 Dark Themes - May 13, 2019
- Top 10 Best Screen Recorder Apps for Android (Updated List) - May 12, 2019