In an unprecedented decision, WhatsApp has decided to cease its support for some of the major operating systems including BlackBerry, Nokia S40 and Nokia Symbian S60 by the end of this year.
The Facebook owned messenger would also cease support for Android 2.1 and 2.2 or Windows Phone 7.1 operating systems. The news has appeared at the time when WhatsApp is celebrating its 7th anniversary and has touched one billion user mark. The list of operating system WhatsApp would stop supporting:
• All BlackBerry OS devices, even the newish BlackBerry 10
• Nokia S40
• Nokia Symbian S60
• Android 2.1 and Android 2.2
• Windows Phone 7.1
The news might invoke mix responses from the Smartphone markets. Developing markets may feel disappointed as they have a fair amount of users who use Nokia operating system. On the contrary, companies who are looking at leveraging popular platforms (Android, iOs) with growing user base may have an edge.
WhatsApp To Stop Supporting Blackberry and Nokia
Latest posts by Sumant Singh (see all)
- Buy Google Pixel XL and Get Google Home For Free - June 22, 2017
- OnePlus 5 Launched With 8GB RAM and Dual Camera Support - June 21, 2017
- Latest OnePlus 5 Battery and Camera Rumors Surfaced - June 19, 2017